COVID-19 / CORONAVIRUS: During this time Professional Eye Care is delaying routine eye care due to guidelines set forth by the CDC and by other authoritative entities. We will only see patients that require emergency or essential eye care during this period. Our plan is to resume scheduling patients for routine eye care (routing eye exams) as soon as the CDC and other authoritative entities give us the okay.
Not all eye exams and office visits are routine. Essential visits include medical eye care visits related to systemic and/or ocular disease as well as patients who experience issues that interfere with or significantly affect their day to day function, threaten eyesight and/or in rare instances, threaten life. We are tasked with determining if your visit is routine or essential. To determine whether your visit would be routine or essential, we will ask or check the following:
1. Do you have a FEVER?
2. Do you have Flu like symptoms?
3. Do you have respiratory issues or shortness of breath?
4. Have you traveled outside the USA in the past 2 weeks?
5. Have you traveled to the New York state, Washington state, or California in the past 2 weeks?
6. Have you had intimate or close contact with anyone that would have answered yes to any of questions 1-5?
Routine versus Essential:
7. Are your problems routine and could you wait a few weeks to be seen?
8. Are your problems essential and do you need to be seen at this time?
If you decide your eye care needs are essential and you want to proceed with the visit, do you realize and accept the risk that although our office is taking every reasonable precaution to prevent the spread of this virus, it is possible that you could be exposed to COVID-19 / Coronavirus while at our office?